An amazing '50s dress at Posh Girl Vintage Dresses

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Time keeps on Slipping, Slipping, Slipping.....

I haven't posted in a while and I feel I better put something up here but sadly the last few weeks have been a combination of incredibly hectic and very stressful so I'm lacking in the cheerful and light department. The good news is that we are officially at the 2 week mark today till I get to see my honey again!! This thought alone is thrilling after five long months apart. I can not wait to get off that plane and be in his arms again. So I am trying to keep that thought at the front of my mind and not get bogged down in all the trials and hassles which I swear are purposely creeping up out of nowhere just to try every last nerve I have.

I am supposed to be picking up my dress today but instead I am watching a mini-blizzard outside my window. What would normally be a lovely snow fall has transformed itself into frosty white mounds of evil piling up against my garage door and standing between me, the Dress and about 1000 other tasks that require leaving the house to accomplish.
Image Source: Activity Village

Another option for today was to make my annual Christmas Rum Balls but given my high state of agitation I'm afraid that more rum would go into me then the mixing bowl. Even I can see a disastrous combination on occasion- me passed out on the floor in shower of cocoa, powdered sugar and nilla wafers would not be a pretty sight to behold! (Plus the Nilla Wafers are one of the numerous things on my shopping list- grrrr)
Image Source: Joy of Baking

So I decided my best course of action to keep out of mischief was to write a bit here:) Hopefully next time I write I will have some pictures to post of the Dress- Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Goldie said...

Mmmm, christmas rum balls? You must share the receipe!